12.21.2011

Selfless...

So continuing 5 things I've learned from the birth of Jesus here we are at...

Day 2!

So this is something I've been thinking about a lot... being selfless. What does it look like? How does my life display it right now? What can I do to be more selfless? Maybe it's because it is Christmas time and everyone is in the giving mood... I believe it's because God is teaching me something much greater.

What do you think would have happened in Mary had been selfish? What if she decided she would deliberately disobey God because she wanted to be "favored" in the eyes of man rather than in the eyes of Him? What if she wanted to be seen as "cool" or "popular"? She couldn't be seen as that if she was having God's Son. No one believed her and everyone just thought she slept around with someone. Nope. She would be seen as very uncool and extremely unpopular.

What about us? If you continue in your selfish ways you can miss out on all God has for you. He has been breaking me of my selfishness. I have been seeing life through His eyes... how great it is when I deny my flesh and become obedient and live my life according to His will and plan.

Mary and Joseph urge me on each day to stay obedient. God blessed them so greatly for their obedience and allowed them to be a part of one of the greatest love stories ever!!! Will that be you? Will that be me? I pray it will. Blessings! :)

1 comment:

  1. John 3:30
    "He must become greater and great, and I must become less and less."

    Blessings sister in Christ!
    and Merry Christmas :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)