12.30.2011

What I Learned in 2011: Everyone has a story

The man at the coffee shop. That girl at the gym. The "thug" on the side of the road. The homeless man under the bridge. The single mother across the street.

In 2011 I learned everyone has a story.

We think that some of the people we come in contact with are just rude people. Some people are. However, I try and remember that you never know what a person might be going through. Or what they went through to get where they are. Maybe that cashier at Walmart is grumpy because before he came to work he found out that he has cancer. Or maybe the lady that seems to be all up in your business is just checking up on you because she's been down the same path before. You never know.

It's so easy to "judge a book by it's cover". To take one look at a person label them. This year I have been taken on a journey. I have lived life for myself (before) and now I live for the Lord. I have been the girl who judged others. I have been the girl other people judged by the 'evil' things she's done. Which is why I really try to make sure I don't do that to other people.

It hurts when people don't even get to know you and they're talking about you behind your back. I see stories of people committing suicide. I had a friend do so earlier in the year. How much pain must you be going through to do that? Did anybody care? Were there a lot of glances exchanged every time he or she walked into a room?

Everyone has a story. You have a story. Whether you've been told or not, you have a purpose on this earth. Your story matters. Your life matters. God has something very specific for you to do. I don't know what it is and you might not know what it is, but that doesn't mean your purpose is any less significant because God knows. He'll reveal to you what you are to do at the right time. Don't believe the lies. You do have a purpose.

Before you go judging someone, why don't you remember that they may be going through something really hard right now. Spread the love. Share the love. Pray for them. Pray with them.

Have a blessed Friday!  :)

1 comment:

What ya' got to say? :)