1.05.2012

Awakening {Book Review}

Awakening by Stovall Weems

I wasn't sure about this book at first. I thought it was going to be another lame, self help book that everyone reads, but nobody does what it says. That is not the case for this book.

I didn't read the back of this book until I got it. I wouldn't recommend doing that normally, but it worked out really well this time. ;) I saw that this book was on fasting which was something I was kinda like.. 'umm... maybe this book isn't for me' at first. Then, I started reading it and Stovall Weems is such a wonderful, easy to read, yet profound writer!

Stovall talks about how important it is to fast and how Jesus talked about it and how important it is for us to just rest. Having just gotten into fasting this past year, I can say many times when the world got me down and I just took a break from everything my life became more blessed. From Facebook, twitter, phone conversations, etc. I found more of God in that time.

I encourage you to pick up this book. It's blessed my heart a lot and I think it will bless yours too.

Side note: I have started my 21 day fast today. More about that later. I'll be keeping you up to date with what the Lord teaches me during this wonderful period. :)

Have a blessed Thursday everyone!

Note: This book was given to me for free by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing company for reviewing purposes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. Great review! Hugs and have a wonderful New Year!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)