1.30.2012

The girl in the past...

You think of me as the girl I was in the past and I'm not that same girl anymore.

People label me sweet, kind, troubled, rebellious, crazy, etc. These labels do not define who I am. They didn't define me back then (though I did think so) and they don't define me now.

If people could get their heads out of the past, both for themselves and for others, the blessings we would see in our lives would probably be mind-blowing. People don't do that, though. No, what you did in your past will follow you wherever you go. I've learned this first hand.

Everyone will believe that you have gone off the deep-end if someone tells them you're in to.. drugs, alcohol, sex outside of marriage, etc. No one will question that. As soon as your choose to follow the Lord everyone thinks you're just pretending. That there is no change there. You must not get discouraged. People will question it. Brush it off and show them that you're for real surrendered to the Lord and living for Him.

No one will believe you're legit if you keep making the same mistakes choices over and over again. Lauren Conrad said, "You make a mistake once, after that, it's a choice." Word! That's the truth. We say we made a mistake, but after the first time you are making a choice. Don't get upset when people don't think you're a real Christian when you keep showing them that you have no discipline over yourself and your choices.

You are not the same person you were. Stop believing the lies. We must tell ourselves over and over that we are not the same person we were. If you are after accepting Christ, do some evaluation and ask Him to take away everything that is hindering you from being the follower of Him that He desires.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come." - 2 Corinthians 5:17

I am not the same girl I was. I have been introduced to grace by a Father who is so amazing.

I am redeemed. I am chosen. I am set apart. I am His.

My identity does not come from people. My identity is found in the Lord. So is yours. Go find it! :)

Have a really blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)