1.24.2012

I just want to be real...

I just want to be real.

I'm tired of going to church and being afraid to show that I'm struggling because when you're a Christian you're 'supposed to have it all together'. Pshhh. That's a lie.

I just want to be real.

I want to be able to cry openly when something breaks my heart and not be told to "toughen up".

I don't want to hide my emotions, the pretty ones and the ugly ones. I want to be able to share those happy times as well as those painful, angry, unhappy times, with the people around me.

We aren't robots. We were made to feel. If we weren't meant to have emotions, God wouldn't have given them to us. We are meant to feel just like we are also meant to live. I'm not gonna filter out my emotions before the Lord. I'm gonna hand them over to Him and let Him do the work because truthfully, on my own, without the Lord, I don't know what is right or what is wrong. God can show me what is true and godly, and what is a lie and ungodly.

So.. let me be real with you for a minute.

Sometimes I hate the way I look. Sometimes I spend more time on my outward appearance than I do on my inward and sometimes I think that the outward matters more (for the record, it definitely doesn't!)

Sometimes I tell God I'll serve Him and then turn around and sin against Him.

Sometimes I get so down about a sin that I think God couldn't possibly love me. Yes, He does, but lies can sound really good sometimes.

I have to die DAILY. More like, hourly. There are so many things that catch my attention and I wonder sometimes if I'll ever get it right because I can get so distracted.

Satan can creep in on you if you think you've got it all together. Let me tell you, you don't! But that's okay. Give it to God. Give your entire being over to Him. You won't be perfect and He knows that. He knows that! He still loves you and He still wants you!

Chris August knows what I'm talking about.



Let's be real with God and with each other. As the body of Christ we can encourage and build one another up if we would just share our struggles. There's no sense in hiding from God. He knows you better than you know yourself so you better believe He sees potential in you despite your flaws.

Have a blessed day! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)