1.26.2012

Stay Faithful

So I have a story to share with you guys today! :D I love stories, but I really like this one because it actually happened... to me.

For the past 6 years my family has been without a car. So when we need to get groceries, we walk to the store. Not a big deal, but for 6 years.. I'd be lying if I didn't say that sometimes it does get old.

Yesterday I was walking home from the store and a man stopped me. Usually I don't pay any attention. It's either a guy wanting a number or someone who is just a creeper.

But this man was different. He opened his mouth and said something about the Lord and I knew I had to stop. So I did. The words that came out of his mouth blessed my heart like no one could understand unless it happened to them. He said,

       "I've been seeing y'all walking for about a year now. You go to the store, you get your groceries, and you walk home. I want to tell you to stay faithful to God. He sees what you're doing. You're not unseen. Stay faithful to Him. You will be rewarded. I've been wanting to tell you that for a month. God bless you!"

That moment was so precious to me. I hope I never forget it. So many thoughts ran through my head. I wanted to cry because I knew God had given me the encouragement I needed just a few days ago. I love how faithful our Lord is!

That man didn't have to stop. He didn't have to talk to me. But he did. I'm sure it was uncomfortable, but he knew God had something to say to a couple people who were feeling weary. What if he had been afraid? What if he told God 'no' because it was just "too scary" or "too uncomfortable"?

You don't go un-noticed. I can promise you that. Stay faithful to the Lord. Not only does He see you, but just like that man, there are people that are watching you. The life you're living, if giving glory to God, can be one of the greatest examples and best witnessing tool you have. Don't take it for granted.

Let's also not be afraid to step out. God has been teaching me that to live a comfortable life is to not be fully surrendered to Him.
                                                
                                “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
                       and your ways are not My ways.”
                       This is the LORD’s declaration.'
                                                                  -Isaiah 55:8

If I'm surrendered completely to the Lord, there will definitely be uncomfortable situations. Why? Because His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways and therefore we will not be in the situations we think we ought to be in. We will be placed in the situations circumstances He has a greater plan in; no matter how scary or uncomfortable they are.

How much do you love God? Let your life show it!

"Jesus answered, "If anyone loves me, he will keep My Word." - John 14:23

Jesus says that true love for Him is  keeping His Word. Your life will show that. I can promise that. And if doesn't show it... then you're probably not following God like you think you are.
(Side note: There's more to that verse, so for sure go and check it out later.)

Be an encouragement today. Follow God with all you've got. You're not going without being seen. Even if you are, remain faithful. He deserves our very best!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Thank You so much for visit my blog, i love your blog! God bless you !

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)