1.25.2012

Warning

Hey guys! Last night I went to this thing called 'Shake the City'. It was really good!

I'm gonna share with you something the speaker talked about last night because it was really helpful to me and something that God has already been teaching me.

So anyways, Sunday night/early morning we had tornado's come through. Here's what happened to me:

I woke up to the sound of tornado sirens at 3:00am and flipped on the TV to see where exactly the tornado was. Turned out it wasn't near my house... yet. About 45 minutes later I'm listening to the TV and the dude on there is like, "If you live in __________, _________, or _______ you need to get to your safe place now!" As soon as he said that, the power went out. I was scared so bad! My thoughts were exactly as followed... 'Oh my gosh! The tornado is right above my house. My family isn't awake good. We need to get to the bathroom. I hope we don't die. Dear, Lord, please protect us. We've never had a tornado this close before. I'm so, so scared!'

Thankfully by God's protective hand, we weren't hit. Unfortunately not too far up the road was hit really bad. It's so crazy to think that it didn't hit here, but lives were changed not too far from me. It's crazy to think how our lives can change in a flash. But that's truth. Life can change so quickly. We must not forget that.

The speaker said last night that just like we have tornado warnings to warn us, so we also as Christians must warn other people. That is the cold, hard truth. We must warn other people.

Life is short. Here one day, gone the next. You never know when you're gonna die. Yeah, no one likes thinking about that. But just because you don't think about it, doesn't mean it's not true or it's not gonna happen.

I want to warn you. I want to tell you that life really is short. I want to tell you that there is a Savior waiting to take you in His arms and hold on to you like no other. There is a God who loves you more than you or I could ever know, and He desires and longs for you. I want to warn you that if you don't get right with Him now, you may never have the chance to later. That's for real the truth.

I'm reminded of a story I heard a few years ago. There was a guy who had been living his life for himself. He didn't know the Lord. He went to a worship service one night and got saved. On his way home he was hit and killed in an accident. Can you imagine what would've happened had he not gotten saved? Where he would've gone?

We all have a choice. Heaven or Hell. The choice really is yours. You can choose the Lord and have eternal life with Him. Or you can choose Hell... and the Word tells us that it gets really hot down there. Not a place I want to go to and not a place I want you to go to either.

If you aren't saved, this is your warning. God loves you. He wants you. If you want Him, tell Him. Life without Him isn't worth living. Life with Him is how it's supposed to be.

If you are saved, you need to start warning other people. Start sharing the love of the Lord and letting people know that it's HIS love. Not yours. We can't love on our own. Only through and by God can we even begin to truly love.

I'd also like for y'all to be in prayer for everyone that was affected by the tornado's. So many people lost everything but their lives. May God bring restoration, healing, and comfort to a broken place. Love y'all!! Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)