2.24.2012

God knows!

"For I know the plans I have for you"- this is the Lord's declaration-"plans for your welfare, not for disaster, plans to give you a hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

I've been thinking about that verse a lot lately. Everybody who has been in church from any age has probably heard it over and over again, but we mainly focus on the 'God has a plan' part. I'm starting to focus on the 'God knows the plans He has for me' part.

Sometimes life can seem so uncertain. Sometimes I sit down and think, 'Where am I supposed to go from here? God, won't You show me? Won't You guide me? Why can't I see where I'm going?'

Just because I can't see my future, doesn't mean I don't have one. Just because you can't see your future, doesn't mean you don't have one. I believe we all were created for great things. We were created for God by God and live to glorify Him (whether you know that or not).

You know what I've realized? That, I don't have to know what God has in store for me at the end of this day, week, month, or year because God knows! He promises to take care of me. He promises to guide me into the path He has for me. I either trust Him, or I don't. I either believe Him or call Him a liar.

God is not confused or guessing what He wants to do with you now. His plans for you are not uncertain. He knows the potential you have, the desires, the talents you have, etc. and somehow, they all fit into His beautiful plan for your life. You have to trust that He will guide you. You must exercise your faith. We can rely on ourselves, but that's not relying on God or trusting Him.

You don't have to force things to happen to get where you want to be. Trust God! He knows the plans that He has for you and the future is not unknown to Him for He knows all.

Next time you're thinking about the future, don't just think, 'God has a plan for me.', but rather, 'God not only has a plan for me, but He knows it!'

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Tara God blessed you with so much wisdom. You're are so beautiful on the inside and out. God is definitely using you as a mouth piece with out a doubt.
    I would like to talk to you about something God has put on my heart. Get in touch with me via Facebook.
    Ashley sparks

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)