2.01.2012

Got it all together? Nope!

Hey guys! Happy February! I'm gonna share some stuff that's been on my heart lately. Forgive me if it's kind of all jumbled together. ;)

How hard it is to attain "perfect".

For so long perfect was what I strived for. Today, I still struggle with being "perfect".

Let me just tell you, I'm not the most beautiful girl in the world. I'm completely okay with that. My identity is found in Christ, not my appearance.

I used to be so concerned with how I looked. Thinking that if I didn't have the perfect body, hair, makeup, etc. no guy would look my way. Turns out, when you walk by, some guy will turn his head simply because you're a female. That's just the truth.

Yeah, I got past the appearance problem. You know what came after that? Thinking that as a Christian I need to be perfect and have no struggles or problems because if I do that means I must be doing something wrong. Complete. Lie.

It's sad that so many Christians (myself included) have spent so much time trying to look perfect. As if perfect was something we're meant to attain. Maybe we've been serving 'perfect' and not God. Maybe we've been bowing down to the god of perfect and not the God of peace, love, joy, etc.

I want to be able to sit down with my brothers and sisters and be like, 'okay, here's what I'm struggleing with...' Instead of being afraid to say I've been having problems with lust, hate, loneliness, etc.

The problem, I believe, comes from thinking that if we're perfect God will love us more. News flash! God cannot love you any more or any less than He already does! Yeah, go ahead and read that again.

Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift- not from works so that no one can boast."

We are saved by grace, God's grace. Through faith. Nothing else. Not our works. Not by how perfect our lives may appear.

So, let's say you do pretend you've got it all together and stuff, and everybody thinks that, but only you and God know that's not true... what good does it do? It's not like any problems go away. They just get shoved away when you're around people.

My point is, we need each other. We need God and His grace and we need lovers of Him to pray for us, talk to us, listen to us, pray with us. But if you're not real with people and are just putting on a facade, no one can share their wisdom through a situation that you're going through right now.

Let's stop faking it. Let's be real. If you struggle with something, stop trying to cover it up or fix it yourself. You need to only be quiet and let God move. We can't get through a struggle by our own power. We must realize this. Only through God can we conquer anything.

"The Lord will fight for you; you must be quiet." - Exodus 14:14

Today, if you have a struggle, don't try and shove it down and forget it ever happened. Go to God. He knows you're struggleing already. Ask for help. Then, talk to somebody. Get them to pray with you.

I don't have it all together. Every single day I fall. God picks me up. Thank You, Jesus! I'm NOT perfect. Simply forgiven. Stay blessed y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)