2.14.2012

Valentine's Perspective

Happy Valentine's day loves!!

So, as a single girl (holla!) this day can be hard on us. Probably for single guys too, but I'm talking to the ladies right now. ;) It all depends on your perspective. Hear me out for a minute...

If you're single and you hate being single and you tell God you want a boyfriend (or girlfriend for the guys haha!) then, you're not finding contentment in Him. Believe me, all I wanted was someone to hold me and it turned out it wasn't everything I thought it would be. It didn't satisfy me. I want love and satisfaction. Not one or the other.

It's sad to me that everyone finds their identity in whether they are 'single' or 'taken'. From the time us girls are knee high everybody starts talking about, "When you get married...". How are we not to put our focus on dating and marriage when you're preached that at such a young age?

We must change our focus and view(s) in life from marriage focused to God focused.

Only when we are fully focused on Him can we begin to truly be ready to share our heart with another. So if you change your perspective from, 'I'm so alone, no one is ever gonna love me, blah blah..' to, 'I have Jesus. He loves me more than anybody and has and always will be there for me.' You're not only gonna feel good on Valentine's day, but every day after. Though, you will have "lonely days", you will see the bigger picture- that God is preparing you for someone and you are where you are right now for a reason and a purpose. He's got it planned. Don't dwell on your loneliness. Move forward and dwell on His love for you and how you can share that love to other people.

Enjoy your day! Eat some chocolate ;) and share a little love with someone! :)

"I am my Beloved's, and my Beloved is mine." - Song of Solomon 6:3

2 comments:

  1. yesterday I felt like it was a day like any other. because I am learning to be complete in Christ. none can take His place. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'm glad you're learning to be content and complete in Him! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

What ya' got to say? :)