3.07.2012

My heart is broken

Today I'm fired up! I'm mad. I'm ashamed. I'm hurt. I'm broken.

Why? Great question!

Well, if you have any part in social networking sites you've probably been seeing things like, "STOP KONY 2012!" or "STOP KONY NOW!" You may have no idea what it's all about. I sure didn't. So watch this video and then we'll talk, cool? Great!



If that doesn't break your heart I have no clue what will. But anybody can have a broken heart and do nothing about it. Anybody can be sad about something in the world and never do a thing.

I've been there. I've seen things happen and done nothing about it. I just want to be happy, you know? But my happiness in my selfish life has been broken today. I realize now that just because you're sad or broken doesn't mean you're wrong or doing something wrong. That can be when God changes you and moves in you the most. My joy in Christ is not gone when I am sad, but my heart has been moved.

I've been sitting around my nice little home, enjoying every day in the sun and having fun and so on, yet I can't believe that God wants me to sit down and enjoy my luxurious life while others lives are being torn apart. Not just with these poor children being abducted, but with girls being forced to have sex every day or homeless people being left to die. My heart is not only broken, but I must move. I must do something.

I was reading Philippians 2:1-4 yesterday and verse 3 and 4 absolutely slapped me in the face. Like for real, it hurt reading it. It says,

"Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves. Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but for the interests of others."

I have been so selfish. I have said I love like Jesus and yet when it came down to doing something for others or doing something for myself, I picked me. I'm heartbroken.

I refuse to sit in my beautiful life and not share it with others. I refuse to not think about how many people are going to Hell unless someone tells them about Jesus. I refuse to pretend like everything is okay when it's not! Our world is broken and WE can help change it. Not we ourselves, but we as the body of Christ, walking and moving in Him!

I choose to be selfless, starting today. I will do one selfless act. What about you? Join me? I pray through you and through me God will be glorified and He will touch the people in this world one - by - one. Please share this video. It could be you or me that is being forced into something like that. Go to Kony2012.com to sign the pledge and show your support. Love y'all! Stay blessed. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)