3.08.2012

Reckless worship...

He sat in the second row at the very end of the pew.

He was dressed in raggedy, once very nice clothes. He looked around. Very observant of everything around him.

We started worship and he began to sing.

He sang loudly and off-key, but in my ears it was still beautiful. I stood there, singing with everyone, almost in awe of a man who probably had been told before that he couldn't sing and yet he sang praises to God with raised hands so heart felt and proudly. I began to smile.

Afterwards I heard people talking about "the guy who couldn't sing". I was somewhat ashamed that they would be talking about him like that when in my mind, we should all be so bold.

There have been many times I haven't sang any higher than a whisper because I was afraid the people around me would think of me badly and talk about me. Because who wants to be known as the girl who "just can't sing"? Not me. That day, God humbled me a lot. Who am I to withhold all of my praise to a God so deserving of it? Deserving of so much more.

I wonder if that man, who left so quickly after church that I couldn't get his name, knows how often I think of him. I wonder if he knows the impact that his unreserved, bold, outspoken worship to God had on me.

We have got to stop being so afraid of what people will say or think of us. Are we trying to win God's approval or man's? 

"For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ." - Galations 1:10

Really, we need to stop and take that question seriously and think about it. Who are you trying to please- man or God?

I don't care if people hear me singing and say, "Wow, you really can't sing." because I know that their opinion of my worship to God doesn't matter. I'm not singing to them. I'm singing to God! Let's be radical. Let's give God our all. If it's pleasing Him and if it's glorifying to Him, who cares what other people think?! Let's strive to win His approval. Let's worship Him truly, surrendering our all every day, not caring who sees or who hears! Stay blessed! <3

"But an hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. Yes, the Father wants such people to worship Him." - John 4:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)