3.26.2012

What Motivates You?

Hey guys! So this past weekend was so amazing! I've started giving God a day of the week with no Twitter or Facebook or email or Pinterest or anything. I chose Sunday's because it's the day that is usually most chill.

Soo.. I love how God brings confirmation to things that He's teaching us. Makes my heart skip a beat. ^_^

Let me ask you a question, what's your motivation?

Seriously think about it. What gets you out of bed each day? What keeps you going when everything is tough?

Can I be real? My motivation for many years has been... myself.

So I started this thing on settingcaptivesfree.com called 'The Lord's Table'. As many of you know I've battled with over-eating for most of my life. My motivation for the past few months to lose weight was to make myself look good, to hear the compliments people would say once I'd lost the weight, etc. My motivation was not glorifying God by getting rid of my idolatry to food. Any motivation other than bringing glory to the Father is wrong motivation.

Saturday was Day 1 where the main focus on the course was getting your motivation right.

Yesterday I woke up and was walking through my kitchen (rushing to get ready for church) and heard Charles Stanley talking about how if our motivation is not to please the Father and ultimately give Him glory then our motivation is incorrect. Boom! Love how the Lord works! <3

A few hours later, my pastor said some of the same things. No, I don't believe in coincidences. Yes, I believe it was all the Lord and yes I smiled and probably laughed to myself a bit that God would tell me the same thing again just to remind me and really drive home my whole purpose on this earth.

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God's glory." - 1 Corinthians 10:31

This week, make a conscious decision to focus everything you do to God's glory. It's not easy. Definitely not. It's hard to change your thinking from self to the Lord, but thankfully we don't have to go it alone. Our God is with us. He will help you. Trust Him. I'm standing with you. If you're willing to accept the challenge please leave a comment below so I can be praying for you! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this hit me like a brick...I have lost a lot of weight but not for God's glory...it has been to look better, feel better, and be healthier. I love food and have often thought what it would be like to not be obsessed by it and to just give it over to God...not so easy but I know it can be done because with God all things are possible...thanks for sharing sweetie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shannon! Thanks for visiting my blog! I definitely know what you're talking about. My mind and life has been consumed by thoughts of food for so long. Definitely check out settingcaptivesfree.com and look for The Lord's Table course. It's sooo good and is helping me learn how to glorify God in my eating. :) Blessings to you!

      Delete

What ya' got to say? :)