4.30.2012

Monday Reflections

As you know Monday's tend to be one of the craziest days of the week. So in light of that I've decided to have something I call 'Monday Reflections' and it'll just be each Monday giving a thought, prayer, or lesson that I learned over the course of the week/weekend and give you something to ponder throughout the day. Hope you guys enjoy! :)

--
What if you could only one meal a day? What if that's all you were given?

Let's say you were walking to your favorite restaurant to get your meal for that day and passed a homeless person... would you give up your meal for that person or feel some form of compassion for them and then walk by not caring that they are starving to death?

I've done that many times. Maybe not exactly like that, but I've seen a need I could meet but would require me giving something up or moving out of my comfort zone so I chose to look the other way. I'm not doing that anymore. I'm going to give up all I have not only for Christ, but for my brothers and sisters; so that I can share the love of Christ with everyone no matter how big or small an action might be. After all, God gave it to me first so in actuality it's already His.

What about you? Are you willing to give up the things you like or love most so others can know the love of Christ?

“And the King will answer them, ‘I assure you: Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me." - Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)