4.20.2012

Telling The Old Me Goodbye

I can't live a life like the world anymore.
I can't tell myself it's okay, when I know it's not.
I can't pretend to be ignorant, when the Lord knows I'm not.
I can't say it's okay, when it's anything but.
I can't make excuses when it comes between Us.

Me and God, forever and always.
But what if I'm living against His wishes?
What if I'm living as I please?

I can't do this.
What can't I do? Really anything, but choose
to live according to God's ways because living life my way is like taking a highway
straight to Hell.

This is no joke.
There is only one life to live.
I don't want to look back with regrets.

So, I'm letting go. Over and over and over again.
I'll get 10 different accountability partners if that's what it takes,
to help me stay on the path that leads to His holy face.

I'll pray all day, on my face because there ain't no sacrifice that is too great.

My God, my Father, I have sinned against You.
I want to take it back, but I lack the power to do so.
So I'm crying at Your feet, aware of the old me,
that I thought had died, but I revived
the way I was living so I could please me.
I'm done. Not with You, but with my old self.
The flesh is killing, but the Spirit, He heals.
I need Your healing power to take down all these idols.
I need a Holy Spirit, righteous living, flesh and demon killing revival.

Take all of Me, God. It's the cry of my heart.
And when I try to take things back, put me at the start
of righteous living, going through the basics of living for You
because at the end of my life I want to know I pleased You.
Because at the end of my life I don't want to hear,
"Depart from Me, I never knew you.", no that would be the worst day ever.
I want to hear, "Well done My good and faithful servant."

I'm Your slave, for the rest of my days, and when I fall,
lift me up.
Into Your arms I crawl, to live for You forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)