4.27.2012

This generation...

This week I've been fasting social media sites... that's been kinda weird since I'm so into talking with people, sharing thoughts and the love of Christ through that. Anyways, I've been fasting to pray for our generation and nation. If I don't write this post now, I'll completely forget and never write about what God has placed on my heart (darn that short term memory loss! ;) haha!) sooo I'm writing it now...

This generation. My generation is a lot different from the past few. Well, I guess you can say that when each new generation comes around, but this is too true for this one. This generation does not want to be lied to. All all. Everyone wants the truth laid bare before them. Black and white. Plain and simple. I love that about my generation!

This generation can sniff out a lie a mile away. They want people to be real, "Tell it like it is". I want that too. So does Jesus! "I am the way, the truth, and the life no one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6 (italics mine) What I find really sad about this generation is that the truth is a lot of times right around them, but they can't see it. The truth is Jesus Christ yet because the world makes everything blended together and says there isn't really a 'right' or a 'wrong', just different paths chosen, everyone seems to be confused.

This past week I heard that a senior in a high school near me committed suicide. I wonder how much pain he must have been going through. I wonder what made him actually go through with ending his life. I wonder if he never had the chance to know the Lord. I wonder if he knew the Lord, but because of the church he went to, he decided it wasn't worth it and left.

I know of another person who committed suicide last year. We were really close when we were younger and then lost contact. We got back in contact with each other just a couple weeks before he died. I've spent many, many times replaying those few sentences uttered and wondering what I could've said to have helped him... to have led him to the God who takes away the pain. God has a reason behind everything that happens so I trust He knows what He's doing always. Yet even in my trust and faith in Him I'll never understand why He gives us choices to make and allows us to choose whichever path we want, even if it's the wrong one.

If you're a Christian, do other people know it? Can they see it? Does your life display God's grace and love and truth? or does your life display lies, gossip, hatred, unforgiveness, etc.?

Christians: we need to stop being so fake. I don't know about you, but I hate being lied to. I don't like someone sugar-coating life. Tell me how it is. Let me see your struggles and failures. Let me know that everything is not always great and that life will get you down sometimes, but that we serve a God who is greater than any circumstance we go through!

We don't have sin problems, we have problems of the heart. We have brokenness that needs healing. We have lies that need truth. We need someone to set us free. You know what? There is Someone who has made it possible for you to be free! How do I know? My entire life has been set free! Jesus Christ made the way! He replaced my filthy excuse for a life with a beautiful, powerful, purposeful life. It's not easy. In fact, it's a lot harder now than it was before, BUT and this is a big but, Jesus makes it all worth it. Every night this week I've been burdened with a heavy heart or worries or whatever and every night I cry out to God. And guess what? Every single night I know I am heard and I am wrapped in this unbelievable love. It's awesome. Truly, truly awesome.

I don't know where you are or what you're going through, but let me tell you that the truth you are seeking... the love you are seeking, the pain you want to go away and the life you really want to live is not very far from you. Jesus is all around and He's waiting on you. Jesus is waiting for you to step closer to Him and allow Him to be your everything. Let go. Stop holding on so tightly to a life of hopelessness and doubt and fear just because you're scared of what might happen if you let go. I was scared too and the Lord has taken away every fear I had and replaced it with His promises. It's a process. He'll do the same for you if you would just open up and let Him in. If you're not sure about it all, send me a message at notperfectonlyforgiven@gmail.com. I would love to answer any questions you have.

You're not ugly or hopeless or stupid. God has great plans for you! Let Him take hold of your life. He loves you! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)