4.27.2012

To Be Perfectly Honest {Book Review}



At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book. It had a cover that was eye-grabbing but not really my style (I tend to go for more BOOM! in your face covers, not... black, white, and yellow. ;), but this book is not what it seems.

So this guy, Phil Callaway, decides to take a truth vow for a year. If you're like me, you may not tell out in out lies every day, but the "little white lies" tend to be something you do on a regular basis, so just the thought of going one whole year without lying was very intriguing. I decided to read the book and can I just say that it has been really hard to put it down!

Phil is so honest. I love people who are honest... and real! He is both. He tells you exactly what he thinks, what his struggles were during the process, and how his life had subtle changes throughout. He shares at the end of each chapter something he learned and every single one of them was very profound and left me thinking.

I laughed pretty much throughout the whole book and was still left with some food for thought. This book is perfect for anybody who has a sense of humor, likes to laugh, and enjoys a challenge. I was left with a smile on my face and a desire to be more honest each day.

Note: this book was given to me for free by WaterBrook Multnomah for reviewing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)