5.14.2012

Monday Reflections: All for God's glory

"5 Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus,

6 who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God
as something to be used for His own advantage.
7 Instead He emptied Himself
by assuming the form of a slave,
taking on the likeness of men.
And when He had come as a man
in His external form,
8 He humbled Himself by becoming obedient
to the point of death—
even to death on a cross." - Philippians 2:5-8

 

I think one of the biggest problems in Christian lives and churches today is our lack of humility. Though we might all say we are living for God's glory, only a few truly are.

I've been contemplating the above verses and what I see if that I have stood before a holy God and told Him so many times that I didn't really love Him because I refused to submit and be obedient to Him.

Every day now, I lay before Him asking and begging Him to humble me. It's way too easy to start out living all for His glory but after one too many compliments, begin getting prideful and thinking it's all me when it's not.

Jesus was God in the flesh. GOD!!!! We act like we are, but we aren't, yet Jesus "did not consider equality with God as something to be used for His own advantage.". How many times have you used God's grace to your advantage and not for His praise? Too many to count for me, sadly.  

Let's start really living for God's glory. Ask Him, beg Him, plead with Him, to give you a greater desire for HIS glory than for your wants. We can't do this alone. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

What ya' got to say? :)