7.03.2012

Bless, don't curse!

"27 But I say to you who listen: Love your enemies, do what is good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." - Luke 6:27-28


'You've gotta be kidding me. THIS of all things is happening??! I don't understand why someone would treat me like this... much less accuse me of things I definitely didn't do. God, how can I love them? Seriously! How?'

Those are just a few thoughts I had this afternoon.

After being accused of something I didn't do, I wanted to yell at this person. I've never proven to be really untrust worthy and after being around the same people often, you wonder how they can have such little trust in you.

I recently finished reading a book called 'The Hiding Place' by Corrie Ten Boom. If you've never read that, you NEED to. Definitely God has used that book to alter so much in my life in just the past few days. As I was thinking about this situation God brought to my mind that part where Corrie said she had to remember that though the german soilders mistreated her and her sister and countless others, they were still lost and didn't know Christ (no different than I or you before we met Christ) and so they were still living according to their flesh. She said she started to pray for them.

I decided to do the same thing, but to be totally honest, I was still steaming afterwards.

I went for a walk later to clear my head and get some frustration out and God reminded me of the above verse. I thought about Jesus. Jesus was accused of things that weren't true and some of the other things He was accused of were the absolute truth and they punished Him for it.

Life isn't fair.

We human beings don't do as God does. He's true and just and therefore all He does is true and just but we aren't that way at all. We desire revenge, we start rumors, we kill the truth with lies, yes through all that God shows us His righteousness and changes our filthy hearts.

If Jesus had to suffer persecution, being completely and totally perfect, what makes you think we should have it differently? The testing of our faith is how it's proven to be true or false.

Friend, next time someone accuses you of something you didn't do remember to bless that person, not curse them. Blessing them can be praying for 'em, showing kindness when your flesh wants to chew them out, loving even when it's hard. If we live just like the world how can we say we've been changed by a loving God? We can't. The lifestyle is a part of it too. We can't do it alone, but I know a God who can do ALL things in our lives and He can love someone you find you don't like too much if you will just submit to Him. Do keep in mind that we were all once lost, but HE (Jesus Christ) and HE alone saved you! Hallelujah!

God,
we are so not like You. But You promise to make us like You as we
surrender our lives. Let us not hate out enemies but love them through
You. Let us not be like the world, but to be like You. Save Your people,
Lord. We love You! Help us to always love You. 
                                                                                     Amen.
                                                                              
Bless you, dear reader!                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)