7.16.2012

How big is God?

How big is God?


I did not know this statement would have such a powerful impact on my life when someone shared it with me 3 weeks ago. I now have 3 stories to share with you on how God has used this to impact me. :)

--
My beautiful friend Ashley told me about 3 weeks ago that she came across something on a website that was simple yet profound to her. She said, "How big is God?". It was something spoken to me to help me the area of body insecurities. I thought about writing it on a sticky note and sticking it in my Bible.

I forgot.

--
Sitting at church Sunday morning I listened to my pastor speak on 1 John 4. He was talking about fear. Definitely something I enjoyed hearing and needed a reminder of, but the very last point on my outline, the very last thing he spoke about, the thing that he only spoke on for all of 2 minutes had a lasting impact on my whole day...

"How big is God?" <~ question.

Ephesians 3:20-21 <~ answer.

"20 Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us— 21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

How big is God?

He's able to do ABOVE and BEYOND ALL that we ask or think because of the power that works in us. IN US!!!

--
I checked out a new book from my church library.. The Circle Maker written by Mark Batterson. I'm only 3 chapters in and God freaking blew me up! I'm reading and a quote comes up, "God does not answer vague prayers." He begins talking about how we must be specific when we pray and believe God for it and so forth and suddenly I hear, 'How big is God?'

Something deep within my heart began asking me this over and over and I sat there stunned for a few minutes because I remembered the two stories I shared above. If God is so big, as Ephesians 3:20-21 says, and He can do all things as Phil. 4:13 says, then why in the world am I praying such vague, scared, small prayers? Do I believe Him? Then why are my dreams so small? If I believe God does all things for His glory then why am I so fearful to pray for salvation all around my city? My state? The USA? The world?

How big is God?

My initial response is, bigger than me. But He is also bigger than you. He is also bigger than our world and our problems, our fears, losses, gains, all of these! He's bigger than them all!

My challenge to you is to write, "How big is God?" followed by Ephesians 3:20-21 somewhere in your house that you'll see it everyday. I'm gonna do the same.  Then pray for God to help you believe it. How would our lives change if we actually believed Him at His Word? Yeah...... a lot!
                                                                                                         Blessings to you guys!

2 comments:

  1. God is definitely bigger than our worries and problems! We have an Awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is Bigger then the ghosts of the past the demons which is currently trying to torment us!!!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)