7.21.2012

Spoken To My Heart. Following My God.

Life is about to get uncomfortable for you. Rely on Me.


The Holy Spirit has told my heart those words over and over and I find every time that I get a little bit uncomfortable I hear those words- rely on Me.

I hear them when I wake up, when I go to bed, when I'm drifting off to sleep and my heart isn't fearful but actually excited. I'm excited to get uncomfortable so much so that all I can do is rely on my Daddy. That's the way life should be. I was not made for this world and I wasn't made for myself.

I was made for Him.

I've been really content with my life. Too easily satisfied is really more like it. As far as material things go, I've got a lot of stuff. The thing is, it's just stuff. It never satisfies me, it never makes my heart soar and it doesn't make life too much easier (in fact I've just recently considered giving away the bulk of my stuff because it tends to hold me back from truly pursuing my Heavenly Father).

"He then told them, “Watch out and be on guard against all greed because one’s life is not in the abundance of his possessions.” - Luke 12:15

Well meaning people have tried their best to make my life as comfortable as possible. But as I grow older I see that maybe that did more harm than good. Because my life isn't about being comfortable or uncomfortable but about following God wherever He leads me.

Sometimes He's leading me to places that will be classified as uncomfortable.

God has finally brought me to the place where I am completely unsatisfied with my way of life. I'm no longer concerned with my abundance of possessions, my food supply, whether my hair looks great or my makeup is ruined. I'm not concerned with whether everyone on earth agrees with me or whether they are pleased with how I'm living.

I just want to live for Him. I could write that sentence over and over and over and still not be able to accurately stress my passion and desire to just live for Him. Radically. Passionately. Devoted completely. My focus is on Him and sharing Him with every person I can. That's it.

Life is getting uncomfortable and relying on Him is my only option.
                                                                                                            
                                                                                                               Blessings! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)