8.05.2012

Why I Rely On Him And Not On Me

I fall.

When I fall, I fall hard. I fail. Oh so bad. This is why I rely on Him and not on me.

I'm imperfect. No part of me is perfect apart from Him. He is completing me, perfecting me, but none of that can happen without Jesus Christ inside of me doing His work.

We were never created to do life by ourselves which is why strength on our own is so lacking. Do you know I've cried probably 10 times in the past 2 or 3 days because God has given me a task I can't do on my own and it's freaking killing me (my flesh that is)!?!

I've prayed over and over that I can't do it. That's not a prayer of doubt but of belief because my words right after are, "But You can".

This is why I rely on Him and not on me.

My flesh is weak. Left on my own I'd revert immediately back to what I was born in... sin. Thank God He doesn't leave us or forsake us!

Jeremiah 1:6-8 has been of comfort lately. If you haven't read it here it is:

 

"6 But I protested, “Oh no, Lord, God! Look, I don’t know how to speak since I am only a youth.”

 7 Then the Lord said to me:

Do not say, “I am only a youth,”
for you will go to everyone I send you to
and speak whatever I tell you.
8 Do not be afraid of anyone,
for I will be with you to deliver you.
This is the Lord’s declaration."


He will be with me to deliver me... this is why I rely on Him and not on myself.
Whether you know Him or not I hope you're reminded that trying to live this life on your own is foolishness. He made us for Himself and so we need Him.

I tried life on my own... it never worked and I ended up on my knees anyway so why not stay there and serve the One who writes my days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)