9.10.2012

More Than I Can Handle - Monday Reflections

A common thing you'll hear from Christians is this sweet little phrase, "God will never give you more than you can handle."

Hmmm.

I know where they are getting that from. 1 Corinthians 10:13. It says,

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it."

In reality this verse isn't speaking too much about life problems, but specifically about temptation. He won't give us a temptation we can't find a way out of.

I'd like to say that God does gives us more than we can handle.

It's not in an angry, "Ha! Try and get out of this situation."way, but more in a "Rely on Me." kind of way.

Rely on Me.
If there has been a theme to my life this year that's it. Complete reliance on the Lord. You'd think that it would be way harder to rely on Him than on yourself, and sometimes it is, but for the most part I find it brings me so much peace and comfort because I know whatever happens His hand is still at work.

I can't spark a revival in my church, I can't get my neighbor to accept Christ, I can't open lines of communication where it seems nothing but miscommunication happens. These are all very real situations in my life, but they all show me that I can't do it. It's more than I can handle.

I commit myself to Him daily, trusting that though a situation is more than I can handle it's yet another thing I must rely on my Father to get me through.

Life is more than you and I can handle. It's another reason why we need a Savior. Trust Him even when it's hard. He's working out your best as we speak (Romans 8:28). Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)