9.04.2012

Prepare

Prepare.


This word came to me in prayer, in my thoughts, in my time with the Lord, and in conversations with others.

I talked to a friend and she tells me that maybe this is a preparation season for me.

Confirmation.
I sat there thinking for a few minutes about what God means by prepare.

He's preparing me. Yes, but for what?

"Prepare for battle."

I'm preparing for battle against Satan and the schemes he has and will continue to throw at me. I'm preparing to battle the status quo as my future becomes reality and as I seek to figure His will in the midst of strange, confusing times.

Funny how when you graduate high school nobody hands you a "what to do when everyone else's plan doesn't seem to fit yours or God's" brochure. You're expected to know everything as soon as you graduate and when you're real with people and let them know you have no clue what you're gonna do, they look at you like you've already failed when you in actuality haven't even gotten started.

I've changed my mind about what I wanna do "when I grow up" countless times and in the past 3 months I went from thinking about nursing home work to occupational therapy to missions to working at a church and so forth.

I don't know what I want to do.
I do know I want to be in the center of His will and whatever He has for me, that's what I wanna do.

That's not enough for some people accept, but for me it is. If it's His will, then I'm gonna do it. Popular choice or not.

So I'm preparing for what He wants. I'm preparing to go into the "real world" with a fire and passion that nobody can take away from me and that no one can shake. I'd be stupid to think that attacks aren't gonna come when I get there... they will. He's holding me by the hand and walking with me step by step. Thank You, sweet Jesus. Prepare my heart for what You bring me to.

What's a word the Lord has given you about your life right now? What situations have you been in that God showed through even when everyone was doubting your reasoning for staying put until He moved you? Leave me a comment! Happy Tuesday, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)