10.05.2012

Is it...?

I was steaming. I told God I wasn't sure why I felt like this about something pretty minor, but I was extremely mad.

I yelled.
I said some things I shouldn't have.
I apologized.

Hours after I was sitting comfortably in my chair and the Lord hit me with a thought,

"Is that patience?"

I was broken by that statement. I started thinking. I mean really thinking. My response of course was no, that was definitely not patience and then I thought of the fruit of the Spirit in Galations 5...

Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faith. Gentleness. Self-control.

Where are these in my life? Where are they in yours?

If you're a Christian then you already have these because you have the Spirit. The question isn't do you have love or peace or any of that, but whether you are exercising it in your daily lifestyle? Are you letting God live through you? Are you making an effort to rebuke Satan and listen to God's voice?

What does that even look like in your daily life?

Maybe it's not yelling at your baby sister or brother when they are annoying you. Maybe it's thanking God that you have a sibling.
Maybe it's showing your parents appreciation and respect even when you disagree with what they say (and that's super hard sometimes, but we can do it by His strength!:).
Maybe it's praying, "I surrender, God." when you're so scared that you don't know what to do.

I don't know what your situation is, but I know God has given you the strength to overcome anything He asks you to walk through (1 Corinthians 10:13, Philippians 4:13). Remember that He never asks you to walk alone; He's always by your side.

Next time you're tempted to fall away from the Spirit living inside you, ask for God's help and then ask yourself, is this patience? is this peace? is this love? etc.

You might just find that He gives you the strength to stop and really think before you allow yourself to be controlled by circumstances and not His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)