10.30.2012

Moments Don't Last Forever

I want this moment to last forever.

This moment that seems so perfect. Wrapped in His embrace, whole, warm, happy, content.

Yet I know this moment won’t last forever.

I know this moment will come to a close and I’ll find myself (again) face down, crying, begging, and pleading for Him to make more of me. For Him to make me whole, happy, and warm again.

I know the moment will come when the attacks of Satan prove to be too much for this faint heart and I’ll have to plead for strength- His strength- to fall on me so that I don’t fail Him again.

But I will fail Him again.

It breaks my heart to write those words and know them to be completely true, yet I know that they are indeed, completely true.

I love how He knows I’ll fail Him, move from Him, walk away from Him and yet His love never changes. His love isn’t based on my actions. His love is who He is. God is love. And so I know it Him, to be this love overwhelming.

I try and cling to the moments that seem so perfect, but I’ve realized that if that moment in time were to last forever He would not move me from it.

So I’m not clinging to the times that seem so amazing but will eventually come to an end. That would be idolatry. I enjoy them, I rejoice when I have them, and I thank the Lord for giving them to me. But I don’t cling to them anymore.

I cling to my Abba. My Redeemer. My Healer. My Provider. My Beloved. Because He is worth clinging to.

Moments don’t last forever. God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)