10.03.2012

Unstoppable - Book Review

Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic!
 
I'm not too sure why I chose this book to review at first. It just sounded interesting. I don't typically read these kinds of books.

What kind? you ask. Well, the really encouraging, super positive kind, written by guys whose last names I can't pronounce. Haha! I tend to go for the ones that make me question everything in my life, cry rivers, and overuse my brain.

This is by far one of the most positive books I've ever read.

I wasn't sure I'd like it at first but after getting through the first chapter I knew I would.

Nick Nujicic was born without arms or legs. Can you imagine that? Um, yeah, me neither. I tried to, but I just kept coming back to how strong of a person you have to be to go through life without either of those things. I thanked God for giving me arms and legs. I'm dramatic enough without that problem thank you very much. :P

He's super positive about it though. Nick said he's struggled before with why God would place him on earth without them, but then He showed him why. He's a motivational speaker (and in this case, a writer too!). Unstoppable... yes he chose a perfect title because you'll think of that word over and over while you read this book.

My favorite chapter had to be chapter 3 where Nick talks about some of his struggles and how he met his wife (ladies, the story will have you smiling and possibly crying it's so sweet! ^_^ ).

So this book just came out and I think you should get it. Especially if you're going through a tough time because God just might show your pretty little mind some new ways of thinking (more praise-worthy, less complaining). :) Let me know if you get it and what your thoughts are!

Happy Wednesday, loves!

Note: this book was given to me for free by Multnomah publishing company for reviewing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)