11.19.2012

Prepare The Way - Monday Reflections

"We prepare the way for You, Lord."

The worship leader said those words and I stopped.

Are we really?

More personal... am I?

I prepared a lot of things last week but the way for the Lord is probably not one of those things.

I prepared myself for going out to venture the world, I prepared my heart for the potential letdowns I'd receive, but I never really focus on preparing the way for Christ.

But that’s what John did, didn’t he?

“The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God, as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:
“I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way”—
“a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.’”
And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.” - Mark 1:1-4

John was a beast. He wasn’t concerned with himself, he was concerned with preparing the way for the One whose sandals none of us are worthy to untie (John 1:27).

I'm not like him.

I’m far too distracted with myself.

Myself. The idol.

I want to worship this God I love, this God who loves me, yet I can't stop looking at myself long enough to do that.

Even now, I’m desiring so much to prepare the way for Him, but I don’t even know where to start.

So, I’ll start with prayer. The Word says that we can do NOTHING apart from Him (John 15:5) which means that no matter how strong the desire, I will never, ever, be able to prepare the way for my Lord without Him.

My prayer for myself and for y’all today is that we’ll look to Him for all things. Everything we have on this earth is a gift. We can use those gifts to point to the Lord. We can also use those gifts to remind people that the need to repent is now (Matthew 3:1-2). Jesus is coming back and I want Him to find us preparing the way for His return. What about you?

Jesus, flip our hearts. We want to be like You in every way. Sometimes we wish we could do it on our own. Then, we would have “control” and not fear, right? No. I think we’d still fear. But fear is not of You and neither is that kind of attitude. God, change us. I pray this over and over. God, please change us. We need You to bring about change in our lives because we can never do it. I want You to change me. Help us surrender to You daily. Let us prepare the way for You, O Lord. Kill our flesh. Amen.

Are you preparing the way for Christ? Are you calling Him ‘Lord’, but refusing to let Him have complete control? Reflect on these questions today and let Him reveal your heart to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)