11.26.2012

Risk and Failure - Monday Reflections

Risk.

Sometimes I really don't like that word. I don't like thinking about it, much less doing it.

Risk is scary. Risk will make you uncomfortable. Risk will also turn your world upside down.

I’m a huge believer that God didn’t create us to live in comfortable bubbles all our lives. He created us to love Him and others deeply, freely, and passionately. That kind of love (the kind He loves us with) always involves risk... and failure.

Failure and risk go hand in hand.

I fail constantly. I should be at peace with this considering I’ve failed every single day of my life, right? But I’m not. I think it’s a good and a bad thing.

Bad thing because I’m never satisfied with the place that God has me in; the season He’s shaping me through. Good thing because I’m not satisfied with where I’m at so I’m constantly striving to be better and to continue moving- not stay in the same comfortable place forever.

I think the enemy really likes for us to live in the past. Especially our past failures. If he can get you to look back at that past failed relationship, that failed test, that failed _____________ (fill in the blank), then you’ll most likely begin obsessing over it and not focusing on where the Lord has you now and what He’s doing in you now.

You'll stop taking risks because you fear things not working out and being left on the ground in a puddle of broken hopes and dreams.

I’v been there for far too long. Constantly looking to myself for success when Jesus is my success.

2 Corinthians 3:4-5 rocked my world when I read it for what seemed like the first time a few nights ago...

“And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God.” (NKJV) 

Yes, yes, yes! I love that! HE is our sufficiency. We aren’t, He is.

He has freed you. He has made you new. HE did that. Not you, not me. Our part is to accept His grace and live in it.

That’s a risk.

People will judge you, people will dislike you, you might even lose a few friendships over Him, but you must decide if the Lord is worth that to you. Is God worth the risk and failure that comes with following Him?

Are you living in His grace or in your past? You have a choice over which one you want to live in. Don't let the pain from past failures keep you from walking in His grace and love. You can do ALL things through Him.

Side note: I have exciting news! If you’re interested in doing a 25 day fast to pray for the lost in December come over to this page and like it and join in! Bloggers: feel free to link up and invite others to do so also! Would love to celebrate Christ’s birthday with a new brother or sister in Christ!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)