11.16.2012

Spark (Book review)

I’ve read a lot of books.

I mean I’m a writer, book reading is kinda what makes my “job” easier (and better).

Spark by Jason Jaggard is at the top of my list for favorite books of 2012. Not too many can top it.

When I first saw the book, I read the back and thought, Huh. That sounds like it would be pretty good.

Pretty good was an understatement.

To me a good formula for a book is this...
  • it has to have stories and lots of them to keep me interested.
  • it needs to have Scripture (can’t go wrong with Truth being all up in it!).
  • it needs to push me towards being a better version of myself for the glory of God.

This book has all three of those things.

“Our will- the most sacred part of who we are- cannot be trained by information. It can be trained only by the choices we make. Who you are at your core is most powerfully impacted not by reading these words, but by making different choices after you read these words.” pg. 70
Jason talks a lot about taking risks and what sparks those risks.

He talks about life change and where it needs to start- by doing something.

He doesn’t like coffee (which makes me feel a little less weird ^_^ ) and he has a passion for seeing people get up and go in the name of Christ and take risks on a daily basis.

“Good is a force. It is not tame; it will tear through you like a freight train and rip your arm sockets off if you try to grab hold of it while standing still. That’s why you gotta run to get on the Good Train.” pg. 90

I’ve been challenged every day since I’ve read this book. I find myself actually looking for risks I can take... and taking them. Weird, right?

You may not read many books, but if you’re looking for something filled with ideas, passion, heart, and straight up real talk then you’ll like this.

I tried to think of something to say that I didn’t like or agree with while reading this book, but I can’t (sorry this is gonna be another one of “those” reviews. :P ).

If you’re wondering whether to get this book or not I say go for it. You’ve got nothing to lose really and it’s definitely a risk worth taking. Too cheesy? Don’t care!

Note: this book was given to me by WaterBrook Multnomah publishing company for reviewing purposes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book and I can hear your enthusiasm in it. Will look into it. :O)

    Diane :O)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book! Let me know what you think if you read it. God bless!

      Delete

What ya' got to say? :)