11.02.2012

"Why Am I On Here?"

How many hours do you spend on Facebook and Twitter?

I spend more than I should and I've been trying to monitor that recently. I like how every time I start to "fix" something the Lord shows me something even better to take a look at (but sometimes I get grumpy and don't want to take a look at anything. Can I get a witness?!).

What's the motivation for getting on Facebook and Twitter?

"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men." - Colossians 3:23

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God’s glory." - 1 Corinthians 10:31

I'm a firm believer that if it wasn't possible to glorify God in all things then these two verses wouldn't be in the Bible.

So I started asking myself if I was getting on social networking sites to please and glorify Him or if it was so I could validate myself in getting the most likes, comments, favorites, retweets, and so forth.

What I found out was there were times I would post something that really was for the Lord's glory and then there were also times I was doing it to impress or please people.

So I took a break from posting anything. That was super fun actually and after a few days I saw how the Lord purified my motives and has helped me post things solely with Him and His glory in mind.

This might seem like a minor thing to talk about, but if God's glory is to be our motivation for everything then it should be our motivation in this too.

It's a pretty common thing. Most teens and young adults are on Facebook and Twitter and so it brings a lot of great opportunities to share the love and the light of Jesus Christ in the dark places too.

What's your motivation?

I encourage you to ask that question several times throughout today and this weekend and seek out the Lord's answer. It'll bless your relationship with Him more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)