12.31.2012

2012: The Best And Hardest Year Yet

This year has been a blessing.

It’s also been one of the hardest ones so far.

I cried over so many things. Lost dreams, new dreams (that I'm still not really sure I want but they are His gifts so I'll thank Him for them.), people, sin, etc.

I was blessed with many new friends and deeper relationships.

Idols were destroyed, self-discipline was learned, learning to deal with issues and not run from them was displayed.

In all these things I thank my Father.

It was the tears I cried that led to brokenness that led to idols being crushed.

It was the new dreams that helped me realize the old ones were a part of a plan I had made myself and never given Him the chance to open my heart to new possibilities.

It was the difficult and beautiful people that helped me learn to love those in their worst times like He has loved me in mine.

It was the pain I endured for a few weeks that taught me to “weep with those who weep”.

It was the sheer joy of new opportunities (both mine and others') that taught me to “rejoice with those who rejoice”.

2012 was a beast of a year. Slowly, though, 2012 is nearing the rear view mirror and 2013 is appearing.

My prayer for 2013 is:
Obedience to continue. Love to abound. Peace to remain. Risks to be taken. Mercy to be shown. And in all these things, for the Father to be glorified.

1 comment:

  1. Amen little sis! I'd have to agree 2012 was the best and hardest year yet. May 2013 be just as full of trials that make us grow, happiness that makes us sweet, and the grace of Jesus that makes us more like Himself.
    Happy New Year, Tara!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)