12.08.2012

Because I Want My Life To Matter

It’s not about how many girls I’ve influenced to dress “flashy” or “modern” while still being modest.

It’s not about how many times someone laughs at my jokes that are sometimes way too cheesy.

It’s not about how many likes I get on the internet or how many people like me in real life (that was a good one, right? ;P ).

No. None of these things matter if they aren’t done for His glory.

I never really considered living for His glory until Psalm 115:1 straight up hit me in the face and I realized it mattered what I did. Check it...

“Not to us, Yahweh, not to us. But to Your name give glory because of Your faithful love, because of Your truth.”

I pray this constantly.

Why?

Because I want my life to matter.

Not simply on this earth, but on the one to come.

I want to point to Him. Not point to Him to get others to point back at me.

I want to go love on the people that are forgotten 90% of the time not so I can get my “good Christian” badge, but so He gets the glory and they get the Savior.

I want to look like Him.
I want to love like Him.

I can’t even explain how much I desire this. I’m willing to sacrifice everything on this whole earth just to get more of Him. I’m not kidding, I’m not being dramatic, I’m not exaggerating.

This is my heart’s desire. This is where I’m at right now.

Lord God, bring glory to Your name through my life. Let Your words flow through me and Your works be done on a daily basis. I surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)