12.16.2012

Everything - Mary Demuth {book review}

Mary Demuth is a beautiful writer.

In Everything she talks about life. She talks about past hurts, the healing of those hurts, and how God's hand was over it all.

There were a couple times I had to put the book down and stop. I spent that time in prayer and just thinking about my life and whether I really live all things for His glory.

Mary challenges her readers to let God be their everything because He is, indeed, our everything. He never fails us. He never leaves us. He is faithful. Mary shares so many stories that speak to all of those things.

The first few chapters really held my attention. The stories kept me entertained and into it, but as I went through the middle portion of the book I started to lose interest.

Mary did a very good job of sharing Biblical truth in each chapter. This book is filled with Scripture, quotes, and she does a good job tying it all together.

Overall, I would recommend this book.
I would say that if you're still what is commonly called a "baby" in Christ (have only been a Christian for a short time), then you will definitely enjoy this because it really teaches a lot of basic truths from the Word. If you're in need of some refreshment I would also recommend this book to you because it has a bunch of good reminders that we tend to forget when we've been a follower of Christ for a while.

Have you ever read any of Mary's books? Recommend any?

*Note: this book was given to me for free by Booksneeze.com for reviewing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)