12.17.2012

Family Is A Gift - Monday Reflections

We were gathered in a circle around her, tears streaming down our faces.

"Please, don't die, baby. We love you. You need to make it until Christmas. We have some gifts for you!"

We spoke the words gently to my sweet dog (if you aren't an animal person then you will not understand). We thought she was dying. She's a part of our family and we thought she might not make it past that day.

Thank God, she's still breathing.

That moment reminded me of the importance of family.

I saw each gift my family members have in that moment.
My sister has a very gentle and caring heart. Many things bother her (which can sometimes lead to worry), but she usually does a wonderful job of telling people how she feels.

My mother has a lot of knowledge so she's very good at coming up with solutions to physical problems.

For me, I tend to stay pretty calm in crazy situations so it helps me think on my feet if I need to.

Family is a gift.

As often as they annoy me (and I them), we are together, by blood, for this life and hopefully- by His grace and salvation- in the next one. He placed us together for a purpose. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I was also reminded of the beauty of my family in Christ this past weekend.

I got to catch up with a few close friends and I had some pretty sweet conversations about the Lord and life filled with lots of wisdom.

Family binds together in trying times. Family grows in adversity.

That's my prayer for the people in Newtown- that they bind together and that they grow together. I have no clue how they feel right now, but I know God has placed each person in that place with a purpose and now may be the time they get to use some of the gifts He has given them spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

Don't forget to thank God for your family (in Christ and by blood) and to let them know how much you appreciate them. Maybe take some time to write them a note and talk specifically about some gifts they have that have blessed your life.

To the people in Newtown: know you are being prayed for by so many bothers and sisters in Christ. We are weeping with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)