12.07.2012

The Lost (It's A Biblical term)

7 days.

Week one. 

As some of you know (and some of you don't), I've been fasting and praying with some brothers and sisters for Jesus to save those who don't know Him.

I posted this last week.

I made a note that I didn't like referring to unsaved people as "the lost" because I believed it might be offensive.

That's changed.

I was looking at Matthew 18:10-14 earlier and here's what it says...

“See that you don’t look down on one of these little ones, because I tell you that in heaven their angels continually view the face of My Father in heaven. 11 For the Son of Man has come to save the lost. 12 What do you think? If a man has 100 sheep, and one of them goes astray, won’t he leave the 99 on the hillside and go and search for the stray? 13 And if he finds it, I assure you: He rejoices over that sheep more than over the 99 that did not go astray. 14 In the same way, it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones perish."

I don't think that lost is meant to be an offensive term the way we usually view it. I think it's just a fact of life. Without Christ, we are indeed lost. Why? Because we were made by God for God and living life for anything or anyone else is living in a defeated purpose.

The Gospel is offensive.

There is no getting around that. No amount of study or prayer or "tactics" is going to make it any less offensive. A person has got to get to the point (in God's time) where they don't like their life as it is anymore and own up to the fact that something (Someone) is missing.

That's when the Gospel takes flight. That's when the doors open. That's when the chains begin to break and the prison walls begin to shake and they begin to see the Light of their life standing before them dressed in a white robe with arms wide open. That's when the acceptance and grace rains down on their life.

That's where and when change takes place.

Y'all, I was wrong. I apologize to any of you that might have been confused by my statement.

I was lost before Christ, He was the One who found me and saved me.

It's not too late to join in on fasting & praying for lost sheep to be found by the Shepherd. If you're interested go here.
If you don't know this Christ I'm speaking of please feel free to email me or comment below. I would love to talk with you. :)

Praying you all have a blessed weekend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)