1.31.2013

Late-Night Reminders

Past sins written on an index card.

Written on top of them are the words: "forgiven" and "freed".

Because I needed a reminder.

I needed to be reminded that those things don't define me.

I needed to be reminded that I am His child now.

I needed to be reminded that I shouldn't allow my actions to define who I am, but to allow my identity in Christ to define my actions.

"I let go."

Penned on my mirror and in my journal and it's another reminder I've been needing lately.

I cried some tears tonight. Shared some of my heart with the Lord. Opened up. Let go. Allowed honesty to have it's way.

"Child, I love you."

Oh He knows what I need and how He supplies those needs!

He speaks and I listen because tonight I'm tired and I need Him more than I need encouragement from friends or a few more hours of sleep, or anything else that I try to fill voids with.

I let the tears flow and I said some things that needed to be said and He knows and His love doesn't falter and He remains.

Don't be afraid to be honest with God. He knows you better than you know yourself and still He loves you.

Let go, friend, into His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)