1.07.2013

Unity - Monday Reflections

Tears roll down my face.

I'm hurt.

Not by anything done to me, but by something done to a brother in Christ... by other brothers and sisters in Christ.

This family... this family of God. We're supposed to care for each other and love each other. As a former pastor said, "Even though we disagree, we can still love one another."

Right.

As I've been reading through Ephesians and going to Philippians, I see one complete theme...

Unity.

Unity? Yes. It's this unity I've learned about that has been driving me to seek it out not only in my family of God, but also in my family by blood.

I repeat by the hour, "Though I disagree with you, I can still love you."

I do this every day as of late.

And through this God has brought not only unity, but humility. Humility to accept that unless it's stated in His Word, my opinion may not be "right" as I think it. It could be wrong. So an open mind has come about from this work of God as well.

My prayer for the Church is unity in Christ. I pray this for my brothers and sisters all over the world. Why? Because if we can't stand together, don't expect anyone to stand with us or want to.

No one is even mildly interested in that couple who is always arguing with each other and never says a kind word. We want that couple that fights and yells at one another and then 20 minutes later comes by and says sorry while crying and hugging each other. (Noted that it doesn't always happen that way, but you see my point.;) )

That's the beautiful image of being a body in Christ. Not the absence of arguments (because as humans, they're gonna come!), but the presence of forgiveness and love. It's what separates us from the worldly standards.

So, my encouragement to you this week and my challenge, is to seek to be unified in Him, even when you disagree with a person. To let forgiveness and love be written all over your life by His grace.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. "Not the absence of arguments (because as humans, they're gonna come!), but the presence of forgiveness and love. It's what separates us from the worldly standards."
    Some bright blogging day I'm going to quote you.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)