1.18.2013

Who Do You Think You Are? | Book Review

Who am I?

Ever asked that question?

I’ve lived so many years asking myself that question over and over and over again.

When I accepted Christ into my heart, I thought that question would answer itself easily.

But it didn’t.

So I prayed. I prayed all last year for the Father to help me see my identity in Him.

And believe it. 

He answered that many times, but I chose to not believe Him (and it is a choice). I suffered all last year with feeling inadequate and “not enough” for Him (translated: legalism).

This year I decided to believe. I asked for His help believing and God answers that prayer daily.

He answered it at the start of this year.

I began reading ‘Who Do You Think You Are’ and it blew my heart UP. God spoke so much truth into my life through that book. I read through Ephesians (as Driscoll suggested) while I read through this book and I was blown away with how much I had missed before in the book of Ephesians... like how much it talks about us being in Christ and who we are in Him.

Driscoll starts each chapter with a story (which I personally really like) and ends it with some heavy truth from the Lord. The book is well written and well researched. It reads easily (not over your head information) and it’s not too long (in my personal opinion).

My favorite chapters were chapter 2 (talking about being a saint, what what!) and chapter 16 (talking about being victorious in Christ and how we, through Christ, have power over Satan). So if you actually read this book, I hope you think of me when you read those chapters.. :P I’m kidding. Or am I?

It’s a very straight forward and honest book. You won’t feel like you’re being “preached at”. It’s kind of like sitting down with him and having some hot chocolate and listening to his heart for what he wants the children of God to believe; which happens to be completely Biblical.

So, if you’re looking for something to jump start the new year with truth then you can look no further. Let me know how you like it if you get the book and read through it. I strongly encourage you to read through Ephesians as you read through this book. It’s a mega-blessing. God bless y'all!

Note: This book was given to me for free for reviewing purposes by booksneeze.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)