2.04.2013

Searching For Him

Always searching.

Isn't that all people?

Searching for love and joy. Searching for a smile.

But soon, those things that made you so happy don't anymore and you wonder why not.

Maybe it's His hand working in your life.

That's been me the past few days. Wrestling with temptation and wondering why what made a smile creep upon my face now only leaves me questioning why I liked it in the first place.

"Because I can either cling to the One who made me or search for Him in things that will never be Him."

Written on my Twitter and Facebook and no one knows how I've thought that over and over and prayed for help in loving Him for who He is.

I read a quote today that fit so well:

"What will you place your hope in today? Will you ask the creation to provide what the Creator alone can give?" -Paul Tripp

I smile and say amen because these are my thoughts exactly.

We aren't just searching for joy or happiness, we are searching for Him. We are searching for love and He is love.

I'm thankful for God telling me, "No." when temptations arise and I want to give in. Because that's His love.

His no's are for His glory and our good.
But we think it's a Father ready to punish His children for doing wrong and not a Father disciplining His children because He loves them. (Hebrews 12:6, Proverbs 3:12)

Oh, how He loves us! Enough to send His only Son to save us and free us and yet we want to go back to those things He died to free us from?!

I'm thankful for the times He has told me no. Yes, because it has saved me from some stupid decisions.

So, when you sense His disciplining hand upon you today, don't fret, worry, or scream about how hard it is. Trust Him. Let go. We don't know better than He does.

Seek Him, not cheap images that will never be Him. God loves you.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. It's just where i am. this was much needed.
    God Bless you Sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I think we are always in a constant battle with this because we are still in the world. Praying you to find delight solely in Him.
      God bless you too, sis!

      Delete

What ya' got to say? :)