2.27.2013

When The Darkness Comes...

How do you fight the darkness when it comes? How do you fight for joy when your heart tells you it's not there?

Here's a few things I've learned and am learning that I'd like to share with you guys. Hopefully, if nothing else, you'll resonate with what I'm saying and get something out of it.

1. Spend time with Jesus (even if you don't feel like it). I put this as number one because I think it's that important. There have been a few times I haven't felt like spending time with the Lord these past few days, but it's blessed me to do it and so I encourage you to continue to cling to Him even if it takes everything within you because we have the glorious promise that He's already holding onto us.

2. Get around other believers. This past Sunday I had to absolutely force myself to go to church. It's not that I don't like church, because I do! But being around people when you're feel depressed is not exactly appealing. However, being around other people does two things- the first thing it does is it helps you get your focus off of yourself which is very important. The second thing it does is remind you that people still love you and you're not alone.

3. Focus on Christ. I've noticed that in each season of darkness I've gone through, I struggle to believe the promises of God. So what do you do? FOCUS ON JESUS! Y'all, even if you don't believe what He's saying, tell Him that! Then, after you've been completely honest, look. to. HIM. Trust in a God who can hold you when you're doubting (because He can). Honestly, that's where I'm at right now.

4. Serve. I know that seems like a stupid thing to say when you're fighting to get out of bed in the morning, but when you're going through a season of darkness the best thing you can do is serve others. Again, it helps you to stop being so selfish and remember that this life is about His glory.

Those are just a few points that will hopefully help you out.

Friend, if you're going through a hard time I pray for you to press into Christ and to know that He is enough even when you're hurting. Know that these trials are producing a better character and more solid faith and that He is indeed using this for your good.

I'd like to remind you that none of these things may help produce joy in you, because ultimately that's Christ's work, but your endurance will be rewarded by the Father some day. Trust Him. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)