3.23.2013

Altar Ego - Book Review

Craig Groeschel does a wonderful job with 'Altar Ego'.

The concept? Sacrificing our egos on the altar of God and learning who we truly are in Christ.

Craig Groeschel has easily become one of my new favorite authors. This book is written in a very down-to-earth feel. Not a lot of over the top (and over your head) stuff here. Just solid truth.

I tried to pick a chapter or two that I really liked to talk specifically about, but honestly, I liked them all. A lot.

Craig talks about being people of integrity, honoring others and showing respect, preaching truth to ourselves, praying bold prayers, and acting in obedience to what God calls (or commands) us to do.

I've been greatly challenged and encouraged while reading this book. God has shown me areas in my life that I've not trusted Him in and instead fell for the lies that Satan threw at me. He's also shown me that those areas are not hopeless, that He will help me through them, I just need to ask.

If you're looking for a book that reads easy, but packs a punch, then you need to go buy this one! You'll laugh, be encouraged, be challenged, and leave with a lot of food for thought (and hopefully that sparks some action in your life).

I resolve to sacrifice my ego on the altar every day to become who God says I am. How about you?

*Note: I received a free complimentary copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)