4.20.2013

Humble Orthodoxy - Book Review

 
I never knew 61 pages could be so good and powerful until I read through this book.

Joshua Harris gives a good, swift kick with, 'Humble Orthodoxy: Holding the Truth High Without Putting People Down'. 
 
With lines like,
"The error and sin of others never give me license to ignore the Word of God. Even when people in our culture are sinning, slandering, and tearing down truth, I have no excuse for ignoring God's commands."
 
and
 
"Orthodoxy shouldn't be a club to attack someone else. It should be a double-edged sword that starts by piercing our hearts, laying them bare before God so that we can say, "Forgive us, Lord."
 
He definitely has a very well thought out, very much needed message for today's Christians.
 
I can tell you that I needed this book a lot. I've gone through a "cage stage" before (read the book and you'll know what I'm talking about ;) ) and God used that time to humble me. He's shown me that while it's important to know truth, it's also important to remain humble as we seek to apply it.
 
I would encourage Christians of all ages to read this book, but not just read it. Seek to apply the wisdom God gives through it. Let's live humbly in truth with "a tear in our eyes".
 
*Note: this book was given to me for free by Waterbrook Multnomah for reviewing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)