5.13.2013

A Cat, bird, and a revelation

There was a cat in my backyard earlier. They like to come and visit from time to time so I wasn't surprised to see him.

And neither was the sweet, happy bird in the tree.

That bird squawked and alerted every other bird in the area (and person for that matter) that there was a predator around and to be on guard. Then, the bird moved to a higher place.

I believe the LORD gave me a revelation with that little picture of a bird and cat.

When we see the Devil coming with his attacks, fairly often we just sit there (by we, I mean me, for certain). We don't fight back by sitting there, we need to alert everyone (including ourselves) that a predator is coming and we need to move to higher ground (a.k.a. GO TO THE LORD!).

It's easy to believe the lie that we're strong enough to handle the attacks because so-and-so super woman/Christian can handle it, but there are different triggers to sin for us than there may be for another. We need to remove those triggers from our lives and move as swift and as far away as possible from those triggers and keep moving towards the LORD.

So, what cats have been coming at you lately? Have you moved to higher ground and alerted yourself and others or are you sitting there waiting for the prey (Satan) to eat you?

Psalm 25:15,

"My eyes are ever on the Lord,
    for only he will release my feet from the snare."

Psalm 25:20,

"Guard my life and rescue me;
    do not let me be put to shame,
    for I take refuge in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)