5.04.2013

A Dream So Big - Book Review


I read for a day and put it up not to read it again until I had been through a discouraging week.

God knew I needed to read A Dream So Big. I needed the stories of hope, desperation, helplessness (which was actually filled with hope and help through Christ and His children).

I needed to be reminded that life is still not about me.

Steve Peifer takes us through a beautiful (though not always in the usual sense of the word) journey of his family and the tragedy that helped them see their future in Kenya.

I laughed a few times through this book, but I cried more and was convicted ever more than I cried. How often in America we forget how truly blessed we are and how we can use those resources to glorify God and help the least of these.

I could write a really long review about the stories I read that will break your heart or about the passion that God reminded me I have to do mission work all over the world (including the U.S. which is often neglected because people assume since we have so much poverty must not exist... well it does.), but I just really want to encourage you to pick up this book and read the stories for yourself. Allow God to let you feel the pain and then may we not numb ourselves to it, but let the Lord use it to propel us into great works for His kingdom and the lives of so many precious people on earth.

How about it? If you get this book please let me know how the Lord works in you and what you feel led to do afterwards.

I'm left with a sense of gratitude like never before thanks to the gentle reminders (and not so subtle ones)from the Lord and Steve. I'm truly thankful for that.

*Note: I received a free copy of this book for reviewing purposes by booksneeze.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)