5.08.2013

Focus, knitting, and, Jesus.

For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter or Google+ (yo', people are on there! ;) ) I've been learning to knit. It's really fun, but super challenging.

Wanna know the one thing that makes it so challenging for me? Focus. You have to focus when you're knitting. You can't just stop looking at what you're doing and expect for it to come out right (at least not for us beginners). I learned that last night when I went off into la-la land and realized I'd made a mistake and had to start over.

Focus isn't just a precious tool to have when knitting. In our relationships with Christ it's just as important.

When we set our focus on anything other than Him and His eternal promises we stop listening to the truth and start listening to outside sources.

2 Corinthians 10:5, "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (emphasis mine)

Taking every thought captive to Christ has been a battle I've decided to partake in lately. I didn't really want to before (Lord, forgive me.). I just thought my mind was just that- mine. But after He has shown me the importance of having a mind that loves Him and pleases Him and the importance of filling it up with truth, I've become committed to keeping my thoughts focused on Him. When they aren't on Him, I have the depressing thoughts, the insecurities, the fears, the pride. When they are focused on Him I know that all things are possible through Him.

So, where's your focus? What are you listening to? What are you setting your mind on?

If it's not Christ, it's not worthy to spend your life on. Let's focus on the eternal through His strength and let everything else be loss. Amen?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Luciana! Many blessings from God to you, friend.

      Delete

What ya' got to say? :)