6.10.2013

Keep On Hoping - Monday Reflections

*All photos are mine. Please don't use them without permission. Thanks! :) 




















 
 



Sometimes we get so bogged down where we are. Our souls are restless and we're just plain tired. Or as Tenth Avenue North's new song so wonderfully puts it, we're worn.

I can get so used to where I'm at in my little corner of the world that I forget there is much more to this world than I can see physically right now. SO much more!

Do we not get there spiritually as well? Do we not forget the hope of Heaven and the hope of Christ's return? Do we forget that He has the whole world in His hands and that He will have His way? We get used to seeing only our disobediences, our sins, our lack and we forget to look at His fullness, His obedience, His perfect, sinless life.

Are we looking too much at "me" and not enough at Him?

Hmmm. Just think on and pray about that.
How many times have you seen the Lord's faithfulness in the Bible? Multiply that (uh oh, math peeps are gonna love this, but if y'all are like me I've almost lost you, but hang on there! ;) ) by how many times the Lord has been faithful to you when you came to know Him, before you came to know Him, and in just this year.

CRAZY FAITHFUL.
That's our God. He is greater than our doubts, fears, present trials, etc. Because of His crazy faithfulness we should trust more, yet it sometimes seems we doubt more after seeing His faithfulness.

I don't know where you're at. Honestly, I don't think it matters whether I do or don't know because God does. He does the work in your life. Sure, we play our roles, but He causes the growth (1 Corinthians 3:7). So, trust the God who grows things and keep on hoping. Even when you don't think you can, fall on the One who always can and does. He is so much more than we can see or know. Keep pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)