7.27.2013

A Work In Progress...

I really strive to be like my Heavenly Father. I seek to be holy and pleasing to Him and I know this is something I cannot do apart from Him. That being said... sometimes I still try.

This week I struggled with selfishness and pride. I got around to Friday and was ashamed that I spent so much time trying to get people to see the real me and not the real One who saved me this week. I wanted to fit in and look good to others. I had to get on my knees and ask forgiveness from the Lord.

See, we aren't here to live for earthly, temporary pleasures. While it is God's earth that He created and He wants us to enjoy our lives here, He also wants us to worship Him with our lives here and enjoy Him while enjoying creation. Can you see that it is all about Him?!

I wish I could be perfect this side of Heaven, but the fact is I never will be. I'm a work in progress. God is shaping me to be more like Him. His Spirit is convicting me when I fall short of that. His love and grace are embracing me despite my failures.

What I'm constantly reminded of is sin kills. It kills our joy in Christ, our peace in Him, and our love for Him. Which is why we must rebuke it when we see it in our lives and ask forgiveness. It's why we must steer ourselves away from anything that distracts us from our Savior no matter how painful it is. Why? Because He will never leave us or forsake us here. We're not left to struggle alone, but are helped by His awesome and mighty hand. Because while we won't be perfect this side of Heaven, on the other side will be our Lord and with Him we will be completely filled and satisfied. Count the cost, friend.

"Since we are surrounded by so many examples of faith, we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially sin that distracts us. We must run the race that lies ahead of us and never give up."       Hebrews 12:1 GW

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)