7.13.2013

Clear Winter Nights - Book Review

Who says Trevin Wax can't write a fiction book?

Clear Winter Nights* is proof that he can.

Just as the cover says, this book is a journey into truth, doubt, and what comes after. I had originally set out not to underline in this book (trying to break a habit of over underlining in books past... haha!), but at page 50 I broke that and ended up underlining many important truths in this book.

Clear Winter Nights is a story about a young man named Chris who has been challenged in many areas in his life and is now questioning his faith. He takes a weekend trip that benefits him probably more than he knows at the present time.

I was very blessed by this book. It will definitely be one that I keep on my bookshelf and re-read. If you have a friend who doesn't particularly like reading theology in it's usual form (which I admit can be tough to grasp and at times dry) I would highly recommend getting this book for them. Lots of truth written in a very easy to understand way.

It took me a day to read this book. It's really that good. The story is gripping, the truths revealed are beautiful, and the journey you go along personally as you read this book will be wonderful (don't mistake "wonderful" as easy. It's not easy).

I would love to give Trevin a hug! Who knows, maybe he'll read this and accept my virtual hug. :) As a sister in Christ who's had some questions herself, this book put many, many things to rest and that's why it's such a treasure.

God will move you while you read this if you're open to Him. Let me know if you do, would love to hear your story! Your story matters and how you live it matters even more. Pick up a copy of Clear Winter Nights to make sure it's a story that will be worth telling long after you've gone.

*Note: This book was given to me for free for the purpose of reviewing by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Company. It is an advanced reader's copy and is set to release on September 17th, 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the virtual hug. I am glad you enjoyed the book! I hope others benefit from it as well.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)