7.19.2013

His Unique Path For You

I'm constantly focused on other people's walks with the Lord.

I want to be more faithful like Mrs. A.
I want to be more trusting like Mrs. L.
I want to be more loving like Mrs. B.

In and of themselves it's not too bad to want to be more like our Savior (which is ultimately what I see these people exemplifying). It's when I begin to think something's wrong with me and my walk with the Lord that I have a problem.

I was listening to the radio yesterday when Randi Lynn said, "Each faith journey is unique to the path God has for you."

Boom! Um, yeah, I've been thinking that because my trials don't look like so-and-so's that I must be the worst Jesus follower ever and He probably thinks I'm lame. That simple sentence was such an encouragement to my worn little heart because it reminded me that 1. God loves me. 2. He has a plan for me. 3. My trials won't necessarily look like everybody else's and that's okay. 4. His plan is for my good and His glory. 5. It's a daily process living out His plan for me, so stop expecting it to be overnight.

We have got to stop comparing ourselves to everyone around us and realize our identities as image bearers of the one true God and let that define us. Is it gonna be easy? No. Will it take work? Duh. Will we want to stop? Probably. Will it be worth it? YES.

So here's my encouragement to you today:
1. God loves you.
2. He has a plan for you.
3. Your trials won't necessarily look like mine and mine may not look like yours and that's okay.
4. His plan is for your good and His glory.
5. It's a daily process living out His plan for you, so stop expecting it to be overnight.

Rest in trust in Him today, child. We are safe in His arms.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks girl! This is super encouraging! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Ashley! Love you too! ^_^

      Delete

What ya' got to say? :)